Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Confessions of a shoe-aholic

Ok, so I have a confession to make. I love shoes. Now, I'm not as bad as someone I know that has 2 of the exact same pair of shoes(and you know who you are), but I do enjoy shoes. I especially love fun shoes. My closet is full of "fun shoes." I have a pair of leopard print shoes, shoes with butterflies on them, sandals with a cut out of a star that I accosted from a friend. She said she kept tripping when she wore them. Too bad for her, more fun shoes for me. Someday I'll wear them all summer and get a really funky tan line. So, needless to say, I like unique kinds of shoes which leads me to my indulgence I'm about to let you in on, worthy reader.
When I was in Florida, the girls went to this little downtown boutique store in Port St. Joe. They had all kinds of stuff, but what really caught my eye were the "Switchflops." Flip flops that you can change the band on. They came in brown, black, and cork and there was a selection of different bands to choose from. They were a little pricey and didn't quite fit the vacation budget, so I let them stay at that little boutique in Florida. Poor shoes, they needed a home. They would have been great for my "no sock summer" policy I partake in every year.
Well, vacation came to an end and I was perusing the Internet while the boys were napping and I just happened to type in switchflops in the search engine. Guess what? Apparently, there is a whole site deveoted to these cute little shoes(switchflops). And what's more, there was a link that said locations. So, I click on locations, thinking there is no way that these switchflops will be anywhere in the Northland anywhere. They just had to be for Floridians since flip flops are pretty much required to wear when you live by the beach, right?It's Florida law or something. So, I type in my zip code and lo and behold there IS a store in Liberty that is supposed to carry these unique shoes.
I'm still not convinced that the switchflops are at the store in Liberty(rhymes with Vette's Wallshark, by the way. Just changing the name to protect the innocent), so I pack Taylor and Josiah up in the car and drive the 15 minutes to this store. I mean, we were going to Target anyway and that other store was on the way. Sheesh, its even in the same parking lot for goodness sakes. I walk in the store expecting to be let down. Summer is almost over around here, so there's no reason to have flip flops. Oh, but there is. I'm pretty sure I heard the Hallelujah chorus when I turned to my left and saw the display of the cute little shoes I found in Florida. They had way more selection than that boutique. So, I got some. I had to,really, the shoe style's name was Taylor. So, now I have black switchflops with a removable black band. I bought a purple band, too. (I'll probably go back and buy more bands later . . . maybe even a different color shoe. Can you tell I'm a shoe-aholic?) And of course, I probably spent a little too much for the shoe, but it is my "going back to work in a week" present to myself. And quite frankly, I didn't get just one pair of shoes, I got two! I won't tell you how much I spent, because well, my husband reads this and I don't want him keeling over at work because I spent more than 10 dollars on a pair of flip flops. Besides, I bought him something at Target that he wanted, so there. I'm redeemed . . . maybe? I love you, Brad.
If the shoe fits, look for it online, drive to the location it says and wear it!

2 comments:

  1. Too funny! Beth will have to check out this store too since you both had the same fixation in Florida! And, yes, I'm the one with the same shoe twice but heck one was old & the other was new. Made perfect sense to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'll be headed there tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I have plans in Liberty... how perfect!!

    ReplyDelete