Monday, December 7, 2009

Twenty Nine Years and counting

No, I'm not talking about how old I am, but that's awfully close. (I still plan to ride out 28 for another 3 weeks.) I am talking about a Christmas tradition that started the year I was born. The first Sunday in December is Christmas tree day every year. Ever since I was born(and before that, according to my mother), we have gone to Schmitt's Tree Farm in Holt. We take a hay ride up on the hill to the Christmas tree forest and then go from tree to tree until we find the perfect tree. This little tradition just started out with my mom, dad, sister and me. Now, it has grown to include two husbands(my sister's and mine. We're not Mormon), and 5 little boys.
Taylor was finally old enought to know what was going on. He brought his chainsaw to help Daddy cut down the "perfect tree" as he called it.

Here he is in action:

















Josiah wasn't quite old enough to get the full effect of walking in the forest. So, he got hauled around in a sled, instead.












I'm pretty sure the one thing we will remember this year is the cold weather attire Josiah had on that morning. He was fighting a cold and I didn't want him to get any more sick in the cold weather. So, I put him in his winter coat, snowpants, scarf, and mittens. We stood him up and he fell right over because he was so bundled up. Pa rescued him.










He was definitely warm, but immobile. I couldn't resist and had to video his attempt to get from point A to point B while we were waiting for the tractor.







Don't worry, Santa. We'll be back next year!







No comments:

Post a Comment